Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I'm so excited!

It's Christmas Eve and I am so excited....not for the presents that I am going to receive but for the look on everyone's faces when they open their gifts. It is so fun to watch the kids and I can't wait! I was looking around my house last night and realized how much I have to be thankful for. We finished the addition on our house last spring and it is everything I had imagined. We have enough room for our tree without having to banish half of our furniture to the basement. I also love our mantel and gas fireplace so that with the flip of a switch we can turn the fire on or off...no messy logs and trying to use boy scout techniques to get the fire going! This has become the central gathering place for our family and I love it.


I love decorating for Christmas (who am I kidding, any chance to decorate and I'm all over it!) I changed the theme of my Christmas tree this year to snowflakes from decorations I bought on clearance after Christmas last year. I love how it turned out! I wrapped all of the presents in red and white polka dot paper or blue snowflake paper. I've never done that before bot I thought it would be fun for a change. Mike finally wrapped all of his presents last night and apparently he didn't get the memo about my uniform picturesque wrapping so he went with some other wrapping paper I had down stairs. He said he didn't want to use the same wrapping paper so then he didn't have to worry about tags and he would know which presents were mine. Definitely a man's way of thinking!


Our new mantel hold our nativity scene perfectly, I always felt like I had to cram it somewhere before because I had no space and now it is where everyone can see. I decided not to remove our family pictures from the mantel so I just rearranged them around the nativity. It looks like we are all a part of the nativity....kind of cheesy but I like the idea!


Emma is very excited and I think Sammy is too. Sammy wished me a Merry day before Christmas when I woke up this morning. Emma announced that Santa was coming tonight. "I AM SO EXCITED" she informed me. Tyler has a cold which is his luck since he never gets sick.









No comments:

Post a Comment