Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"I'm proud of myself"



What an awesome day for Sam. I don't think I could be more proud of him. He was honored, as Student of the Month, yesterday at school. Sam's teacher (Mrs. Lambert) had called me last week and told me that she nominated him because he is doing so well and he is such a pleasure to have in class. She said I could tell him or keep it a surprise. I chose to keep it a surprise because Sammy needs a few surprises in his life. It was funny when Marc and I arrived at the school; Sam had just been called to the office to announce him as student of the month. We came in the doors of the school and Sam looks at us, does not question why we are there, and proudly announces to us that he is student of the month. It made me laugh that he did not question why his dad, Mike and I were at his school and that he thought it was a coincidence that we arrived at the exact time he was to receive his award. I got him a new BYU (his favorite college team) sweat shirt as a reward. He was beaming with pride. Later in the day, I told Sam that I was proud of him and he responded with, "I'm proud of myself".

No comments:

Post a Comment